6.30.2014

Happy Monday!

So June is almost over and I've accomplished...nothing.
This was a busy month for me, as you probably figured out given the lack of posts this month. Between working a full time job (close to 50+ hours a week), trying to finish up work on Stouthearted, taking a last minute trip to Pennsylvania, and trying to get through my review pile, I really haven't had much time to blog.

What I'm reading: I'm currently finishing up Elemental Hunger. (I'm so sorry for the delay, Elana!) I'm hoping to have that review up by Wednesday. This is assuming I don't pass out the second I get home from work again. I'm really enjoying it, it's just hard to find time to read right now.

What I'm working on: I'm also finishing up work on Stouthearted. This has been a hard book to write. I've been ready to throw in the towel a few times. Not because I don't want to finish the book, but because it's hard to focus on writing when you see so many hateful reviews for Submerged. I try not to read reviews, but every now and then I stumble upon them, and it really ends up killing my writing mood when I see just how much people HATE the story. This book probably would have been finished months ago had I completely cut Goodreads out of my life, no joke. I am almost finished with it, and I love how it is turning out, but I've already decided I'm not going to read any reviews for it. At all.

While we're on the topic of Stouthearted: If you loved the fight scenes in the first book, you're going to really enjoy this book. The first book mainly set up the world, so while there were some fight scenes, it was mainly all story. I needed to set up the world so that I could completely destroy it in the second book. In this second installment, we learn more about General Hack and Troum, the world outside of the Sectors, and the lies they thought to be true. It's a crazy book, but the ending is worth it.

Random stuff:
I think I'm going to take a bit of a break after I release both Stouthearted and Arabella in July.
I'm running on fumes these days, and I just need some time to actually sit down and read without worrying about getting any writing done. On the plus side? I'm going to allow my readers to decide what I write next. =)

My schedule should calm down a bit come late July, as I won't have any books to write for a few weeks. It probably won't get crazy again until October (I'll be heading to the NYCC, so I'll be away for a week at that point).

I promise I'll be a better blogger in 2015.
<3 Nicole

I'll leave you with some of my photos from the Philadelphia Comic Con. (I cropped myself out of the photos because I looked terrible, but I left my younger brother in them.)


No comments:

Post a Comment