4.17.2014

New Covers & Some Updates!

I didn't think these would be ready until next month, but Carrie managed to finish them early and well, I'm too excited not to show them to you! So, here are the covers for PROGRAM 12 and ALLEGIANCE.

And here are the updated covers for PROGRAM 12, PROGRAM 13, and ALLEGIANCE all in one image!

I'll be updating the covers on Amazon and such later today.
Like with the new PROGRAM 13 cover, these were done by Carrie of Forward Authority Design Services! I've been very happy with her work so far, and I can't wait to see what she does with the rest of the covers for the series. (Yep, she'll also be redoing the covers for DEPROGRAMMED, STANDBY, REBOOTED, and NEW BEGINNINGS!)

Now, onto updates:
I apologize for the extended bit of silence on the blog front. I've actually been in a lot of pain since Monday night, and it just doesn't seem to be getting any better. I probably won't be around until next week. Again, I apologize for this.
If you're an author and you've sent me a review request recently and you haven't heard back from me yet, I'm sorry. I haven't really been up to answering e-mails. I'll get back to you ASAP.

Since I haven't posted any reviews lately, I'll write two quick mini "reviews" for two movies I've recently watched:

1. Captain America: The Winter Solider: I'm a huge, huge, huge Marvel fan (you probably know this if you follow me on Twitter or Tumblr), so I knew going in that I was going to love this movie. I know a lot of people hated the first CA movie, but I loved it. They needed to set up the story for WS beforehand, and they did so excellently with The First Avenger. But this movie surprised the heck out of me. Winter Soldier is hands down the BEST Marvel movie to date. Yes, even above the Avengers. And I say that as someone who loved the Avengers, and a a huge Joss Whedon fangirl. Hell, I'd even go as far as to say it is the best superhero movie ever. I'm so glad that they went with the Winter Soldier storyline, and honestly, Sebastian Stan freaking knocked it out of the park in this one, folks. I'd give this one 10/10 stars. Definitely a must see, even if you're not a comic book fan. Also: Stay for BOTH post credits scenes.

2. How I Live Now: Since I've been in bed all week, I've been living off Netflix. I actually hadn't meant to watch this one until I read the book, but I needed something to watch, and I enjoy a lot of Saoirse Ronan's projects, so I decided to watch the movie before reading the book. I'm thinking this was a mistake. While I enjoyed Saoirse's performance in this movie, I honestly found myself lost at the end of it. Given that this isn't a series, I shouldn't have found myself left with so many questions by the end of the movie, but I did. And then the whole romance thing was kind of unexpected, and it just didn't seem to make much sense plot-wise? I'm still digesting this one, but if I had to rate it, I'd probably go with 4/10. Again, I enjoyed Saoirse's performance, but that's about as much as I can praise, sadly.

No comments:

Post a Comment