2.19.2013

Mini Review: The Eslites by CM Doporto

The EslitesThe Eslites by CM Doporto
ebook, 36 pages
Published: January 2nd 2013
Download: Amazon (free)
Description From GoodReads:
Sixteen year old, Miranda Mays, discovers she is a superior donor for the alien race known as the Eslites, who have come to earth demanding humans to help save their race from extinction. Will she be the one to help them or will their quest continue?

My Review:
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

While I enjoyed "The Eslites", I can't say that I loved it.

I knew that it was a short story going in, which is exactly what I was looking for, but I was expecting it to be a bit more developed. See, "The Eslites" is only four chapters long and chapter three starts with fast-forwarding seven months. It would have been alright as CM Doporto does have something awesome here, but there were way too many unanswered questions.

I know the ending of "The Eslites" said that it was the end "for now", so I'm not entirely sure if CM Doporto is planning to make this a short story series, or if she has intentions of turning it into a novel. I'd definitely like to see it in novel form as it would help to provide answers to the questions I have; it would also help to strengthen the world building.

Do not take this as a bad review, because it isn't. I easily tore through "The Eslites", I just wished that there was more. There was something missing. CM Doporto is an author to watch, and she shows promising potential. This one was just a bit underdeveloped for me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment